8 ounces 85% lean ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 can (15.5 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes, no salt added
2 cups water
Optional toppings: low-fat sour cream, shredded cheddar and or pepper jack cheese, crushed tortilla chips, crushed corn chips, sliced green onions
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink, about 7 minutes; drain.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Return meat mixture to pan; return pan to heat. Add chili powder and cooked rice. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with optional toppings as desired.
Amount per Serving
Calories from Fat 120
Total Fat 13g (20% DV)
Saturated Fat 4.5g (22% DV)
Trans Fat 0.5g
Cholesterol 50mg (17% DV)
Sodium 530mg (22% DV)
Carbohydrates 31g (10% DV)
Dietary Fiber 5g (20% DV)
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 15%