Bite into these sensational sliders and you'll enjoy a delicious combination of flavors, like melted cheddar, fresh veggies, brown rice, and your favorite garnishes. This burger has so many mouthwatering ingredients, your kids won't miss the beef!
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup shredded carrot
¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
¼ cup chopped red onion
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
2 to 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
1 teaspoon (2 cloves) minced fresh garlic
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
10 slider buns
Garnishes (fresh vegetables, pickles, chips, etc.), optional
1. In large bowl stir together all burger ingredients; mix well. Stirring is a fun activity your child can do. They can practice by taking our interactive STIRRING lesson.
2. Refrigerate 15 to 30 minutes.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
4. Firmly form ¼ cup rice mixture into burgers. Your young chef can help you with this by measuring the right amount of rice mixture. Our interactive MEASURING lesson will help them understand what "¼ cup" means.
5. Cook burgers for 3 to 4 minutes or until light brown.
6. Turn over and continue cooking, 3 to 4 minutes, or until light brown.
7. Carefully remove from skillet and place on slider buns; set aside.
8. Add additional oil to skillet and continue cooking remaining burgers.
9. Serve with favorite condiments and fresh vegetables.
Note: Nutrition facts based on ingredients in the recipe description and does not include side dishes shown in photography.
Amount per Serving
*Based on 4 servings
% Daily Value*
Calories from Fat 250
Total Fat 28g 43%
Saturated Fat 7g 35%
Trans fat 0g
Carbohydrates 77g 26%
Dietary Fiber 7g 28%
Vitamin A 40%
Vitamin C 35%
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs,
The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they
been evaluated by the U.S, FDA